Saturday, November 15, 2008

My new "rig"

There are a lot of gear rigs:

SG and I have a Ford F250 pulling a three-horse with tack and dressing room rig. 

Cassie has a six-foot leather quick-release leash and collar rig.

Larry and the "Daryls" have dual quick-fill, auto-release water dispensers and tempered metal feeding rig.

I am currently rockin"g" my Fender Strat with 10 W practice amp rig (everyone starts someplace). 

HARBOR has a Kenwood TM-D710 ham radio with 1/4 wave antenna and portable power supply rig for tracking the high altitude balloon in the field.

My blogging rig is a MacBook Air and iPhone.

But this, my friends, is my new rig: A Burley Nomad cargo trailer for my bike that can haul 100 lbs!  While I have been going the grocery store on my bike with saddle bags or hauling stuff by bus, now I am ready to do the big pre-T-day shopping trip...on my bike!  20 lbs of potatoes?  No problem.  Case of beer?  We can handle it, as long as we let it settle a bit before we drink it.

I'll post some pictures of it actually set up in a bit.  In the mean time, I have some details to work out.  It says it can haul 100 lbs, but I can't find a motor anywhere on the trailer.  Hmmmm.  Maybe that is sold separately?


No comments: