Saturday, October 11, 2008

Harvest Time!

I was about to post something about the severe weather in Utah, and then SG tells me she is hiding from tornados.  So, nevermind.

What I will tell you about is....RADISHES!

Look at that photo.  I planted those about 4-5 weeks ago, mostly in vermiculite.  Suddenly, you know where food comes from...the air!  Crazy, but true!

I've also been feeding the little pumpkins to the chickies.  Their little minds are blown.  In fact, I think I know what I'll do with all the squash.


2 comments:

-S. said...

so beautiful!!!

Don't feed the squash to the chickens! Roast 'em up!

DELETE said...

Those are beautiful!! When's dinner :)

Got any winter gardening tips for a garden dorkus?
I was thinking it was time to till under and lay down bark to let the soil prepare for next year "put the garden to sleep"