Sunday, October 5, 2008

Swamp 2

Here is a photo of our Chicken Soup. Notice the ubiquitous "blue tarp" (for more applications, read The Blue Tarp Bible).  I am not sure where I expected the water to go in the completely enclosed concrete foundation of the old shed, but it so seldom rains 'round these parts that I didn't give it much thought.  I now have a little more sympathy for the ranchers and farm owners we have boarded horses with the in past.  They had mucky messes, too. But when it costs $25,000 to re-grade your driveway, I guess you put up with it for two months out of the year.

As I recall, in Seattle, this never happened.  I think it's because people would have to put up with it 11.5 months of the year.

I am now re-engineering the chicken situation (read: clearing some ground with good drainage and moving the whole shebang over about 20 feet.  I may have to call on Zeroth Draft to help me move the coop, so I hope he has some muck boots.  I'll bribe him with martinis.

No comments: